The purpose of children’s ministry is two-fold:
First, we seek to encourage and equip parents to fulfill their role as the primary educator and shepherd of their children’s souls. It is our desire to assist parents in this effort so they can confidently train up their children in a way that glorifies God.
Secondly, we introduce children of all ages to the life-changing message of the Gospel. We strive to share the knowledge of Jesus Christ so that children begin to understand biblical truths and will one day respond to Jesus Christ for salvation.
We do this by ensuring that our time with children is spent investing into their spiritual development.
We refer to this process as “soul care.” This is done by using God-centered, Bible-saturated, Christ-exalting curriculum that is meant to stimulate their minds and hearts. We want to do our part to foster an environment that always helps point children toward the lover of their soul – Jesus!
Our vision for children’s ministry is to lay a sure foundation so that the next generation will grow to know, love and trust Jesus above all else.
That means we teach children the Bible from cover to cover in creative and age-appropriate ways to help them know the God of the Bible intimately.
While we have fun and enjoy our time investing in the lives of children, our ultimate goal is to impart TRUTH so that their MINDS and HEARTS can be transformed by the power of the Holy Spirit, resulting in living out God’s Word with joyful obedience.
- Nursery (Birth - 3 years)
We have two nursery rooms.
- Infant nursery (parents room) – Conveniently located just outside the entrance to the worship center, this room allows parents of infants a quiet place to comfort, change and feed their child. It is equipped with several comfortable chairs, a changing table and crib. The back portion of the room is privately reserved for nursing mothers. Parents are responsible for the care of their children when using this nursery.
- Toddler nursery (through 3 years of age) – Designed to be more than a babysitting service, our toddler nursery serves as the beginning point for children to learn simple truths about God. We offer a safe and exciting atmosphere where children learn about Jesus through stories, songs and activities.
All nursery workers are volunteers from our congregation who have cleared a background check. We pray with and for every child who is checked into the nursery each Sunday.
The nursery is available during the entire service but parents always reserve the right to use our nursery care as they see fit.
- Children's Sermon (Birth - 6 years)
Near the beginning of most worship services, we invite children to come forward and enjoy a short child-friendly Bible lesson. Often this lesson will coincide with the material being taught in Children’s Church that day.
- Children's Church (3 years - 6 years)
We welcome and encourage families to sit together during the worship service. We also recognize the importance of offering age-appropriate Bible instruction, so parents choosing to have their children attend Children’s Church can drop them off at the conclusion of the singing portion of the worship service.
- Kids for the Kingdom Outreach (Birth - 12 years)
Throughout the year, mostly during spring and summer, we plan various outreach activities to our community. We want our children to develop a passion for telling others about Jesus at an early age. These exciting one-day events are designed for children who have not yet heard about or received Christ for salvation.
- Vacation Bible School (4K - 5th grade)
Each summer, we offer a fun-filled week of Bible learning and interactive games. At the close of the week we celebrate Family Night. Parents, grandparents and siblings of the children attending VBS are invited to a cookout and family-friendly activities and competitions.
- Youth (6th - 12th grade)
Ministry to our preteens and teenagers is a continuation of the core Biblical foundation they’ve received in our Children’s Ministry. We equip our youngsters of all ages so that they grow in their faith and knowledge of God and mature in Christ-like living through their adolescent years. We do this by offering various small group gatherings for learning, fellowship and fun.